Home » RDBMS Server » Security » Auditing the Database
Auditing the Database [message #224177] Tue, 13 March 2007 06:22 Go to next message
sellafrica
Good Day.

I have been asked to start auditing on the database and i have not done this before can you please assist,at the moment auditing is disabled.I want to implement these in an Oracle 8i database and 10gR1 database,your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

The AUDIT_TRAIL value should be set to "OS" in the V$PARAMETER table.

All changes to tables by users with the DBA_ROLE should be audited by reviewing the setting of the SQL statements AUDIT INSERT TABLE, DELETE TABLE, UPDATE TABLE BY DBA in the DBA_STMT_AUDIT_OPS table

Auditing should be enabled for all sensitive objects such as ALTER, AUDIT, INSERT, DELETE, GRANT, and LOCK

Auditing should be enabled for all sensitive SQL statements such as DROP TABLE, CREATE TABLE, SELECT TABLE

Privileged auditing should be set for all privileged activities that are used in the database.

Unsuccessful login attempts should be monitored by reviewing the DBA_AUDIT_SESSIONS table by someone other than the database administrator, and appropriate personnel should be notified of any unauthorised activities

Inactive accounts should be monitored and removed by logging and reviewing last log in date of users through enabling login of AUDIT SESSIONS in the DBA_AUDIT_SESSIONS table

Audit logs should be protected from access by privileged users of the DBA group by locating the audit trail in an operating system file.
Re: Auditing the Database [message #224225 is a reply to message #224177] Tue, 13 March 2007 07:53 Go to previous message
Mohammad Taj

Hi,
also take a look ...
http://dbataj.blogspot.com/2007/02/audit-database.html

hope this also helps you.

regards
Taj
Previous Topic: OLS & Streams
Next Topic: Create user profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:16:25 CDT 2024