Home » Infrastructure » Linux » How to check the Correct Xserver Environment
How to check the Correct Xserver Environment [message #247300] Mon, 25 June 2007 07:51 Go to next message
keshavtripathy
Hi

We are running Redhat Linux Advanced Server 4 Update 2. Database : Oracle 9.2.0.6. Oracle Apps : 11.5.10.2
We are trying to access the Modules using Lap Tops under windows.

The Project Management Module is throwing the error which I have sent yesterday. Project Costing Module which is a Forms6.0 based is working all right. The project management module is a Browser based Application which is creating problem.

How can I check the correctness of the XServer and confirm that its not an issue related to OS. The Current exercise what I am doing in the xserver console is I am able to run xclock from root as well as from ordinary user in xwindow console. The DISPLAY variable value is :0.0. If I am giving IP adds and then display port as :0.0 its not working I mean xclock is not displayed. Is there a way I can confirm that the issue is not with respect to xserver or os related...?

If any one will respond to this issue it would be of great professional help.

Regards.

Keshav Tripathy

Re: How to check the Correct Xserver Environment [message #247331 is a reply to message #247300] Mon, 25 June 2007 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
What error it returns?

You have another option

as a user
ROOT

DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0

and as a user oracle
export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0.0
Re: How to check the Correct Xserver Environment [message #247456 is a reply to message #247331] Mon, 25 June 2007 23:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keshavtripathy
Hi

What I have done to have the DISPLAY Variable setting I am writing here. First I tried to give <IP ADDRESS of the Server>:0.0 and exported the DISPLAY variable and give host + command at root prompt(#). The xclock was working only when root was invoking in the Console. Then I unset the DISPLAY variable and set it to :0.0 and exported it and made host + after this the xclock command was able to be executed by ordinary user from xconsole.

As root User I have given a command # Unset DISPLAY and then #Xhost +
Then Logged in as other non root user (ex: Oracle Application user) and put the following commands
$ set DISPLAY=:0.0
$export DISPLAY
$xclock

Since I am not able to run graphs and charts while using the Oracle Apps 11i in my Browser in the Lap top Window machines so when am contacting Oracle Support they are saying check your Xserver configuration and set up and there may be some problem in that. I am unable to understand what I need to check and how I can ensure that there is no issues with respect to OS and Xserver running on Red Hat Linux.

Regards.

Re: How to check the Correct Xserver Environment [message #247522 is a reply to message #247300] Tue, 26 June 2007 04:06 Go to previous message
keshavtripathy
Hi

The Solution for this problem has come from Network related issue. When Xserver was running it was not allowing TCP/IP connection which we found after looking into the process

$ps -ef|grep x

The process was showing that it has been executed with an option notcpip.

After making necessary changes to remove this option in the xserver processes and restarted the server it has strated working and remote clients using browsers can have the images displayed in their browsers.

Earlier thoughts were in terms of Unix Sockets and TCP/IP in xserver communication and when we started technical deliberation we checked the x related processes running and found this.

Thanks to all who has gone through the issue and Now it has been resolved

Keshav Tripathy
Previous Topic: Installation of Oracle 10g XE on Linux 10.2 suse!!!
Next Topic: alert warning
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:47:58 CDT 2024