Home » Infrastructure » Linux » Lsnrctl not starting in Linux
Lsnrctl not starting in Linux [message #250198] Mon, 09 July 2007 01:56 Go to next message
pra_dbaquery

I have installed RHEL Advanced Server.

Kernel release is 2.6.

I have installed Oracle9i on this server successfully. But I have some query regarding that.

1. How can i open the Enterprise manager from oracle prompt ?

2. When I type the LSNRCTL command at command prompt, it's giving following error.

Error : lsnrctl error while loading shared libraries libclntsh.so : can not open shared object file : no such file or directory

3. And like windows , linux has Registry where it can register the parameters ?

4. What are the steps to remove oracle from this linux system ?

Plz help me, because I am new in linux.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Lsnrctl not starting in Linux [message #250307 is a reply to message #250198] Mon, 09 July 2007 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
1. How can i open the Enterprise manager from oracle prompt ?

mozilla http://mycomputer:1158/em

Quote:
2. When I type the LSNRCTL command at command prompt, it's giving following error.

Error : lsnrctl error while loading shared libraries libclntsh.so : can not open shared object file : no such file or directory

try this
lsnrctl stop
lsnrctl start

Quote:
3. And like windows , linux has Registry where it can register the parameters ?

No

Quote:
4. What are the steps to remove oracle from this linux system ?

just delete the oracle folder.
Re: Lsnrctl not starting in Linux [message #252304 is a reply to message #250307] Wed, 18 July 2007 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
You may also need to shut down any running Oracle services before you can delete your Oracle home. There are a few odd files (such as /etc/oratab) and Oracle environment variables (such as $ORACLE_HOME) that you may want to clean up as well, but these are not critical to remove, unless you are re-installing with different variables and locations.
Re: Lsnrctl not starting in Linux [message #252339 is a reply to message #252304] Wed, 18 July 2007 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DreamzZ
Quote:
You may also need to shut down any running Oracle services before you can delete your Oracle home.

Is it necessary?
from where i can delete services on linux ?
Re: Lsnrctl not starting in Linux [message #252365 is a reply to message #252339] Wed, 18 July 2007 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deesto
Depends on the distribution to some extent, but for the most part, you can just shut down and then delete a service binary to remove the service (unless you've added the service to your start-up scripts; see chkconfig). I believe this also applies to Oracle services: shut them down:

$ORACLE_HOME/bin/emctl stop dbconsole # stop Database Control
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop         # stop listener 
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/isqlplusctl stop     # stop iSQL*Plus
$ORACLE_HOME/bin/searchctl stop       # stop Ultra Search (if applicable)

... and then delete them (or the entire directory).
Re: Lsnrctl not starting in Linux [message #252369 is a reply to message #252365] Wed, 18 July 2007 13:04 Go to previous message
DreamzZ
Aww thanks. But i guess its not necessary.
Previous Topic: Segmentation fault
Next Topic: qb library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 05:24:21 CDT 2024